1888 - Jno. S. Solenberger & Co., Inc. started as Solenberger & Stouffer and was located on the corner of Baker and Cameron Streets in Winchester, Virginia. The original proprietors were John S. Solenberger and his cousin, Daniel Stouffer.
1901 - After John S. Solenberger became the sole proprietor, the name of the business became Jno. S. Solenberger Co.
1908 - After a fire destroyed the building on Baker and Cameron Street, Jno. S. Solenberger Co. relocated to 142 North Loudoun Street.
1935 - John S. Solenberger died leaving his three sons Hugh, Herbert and Howard to run the business.
1955 - Hugh’s son John T. Solenberger Sr. joined the business.
1970 - Howard’s son Phil joined the business.
1975 - John T. Solenberger Sr. was a progressive business man who believed that the success of the company would be found in growth. He started Jno. S. Solenberger Co., Inc. Industrial Division located on Route 7 just east of Winchester.
1976 - Upon Hugh Solenberger’s death, John T. Solenberger Sr. became president of Jno. S. Solenberger & Co., Inc.
1983 - John Sr. started a second outlet of the industrial division in Harrisonburg, Virginia at 2834 South Main Street
1987 - As a natural outgrowth of the hardware store, Grand Rental Station was begun in 1987. It continues to operate at it’s location on Route 7 just east of Winchester.
1993 - In January of ’93, Jno. S. Solenberger & Co., Inc. announced that, after outgrowing their Loudoun Street location, the owners believed that it was in the best interest of the customers to relocate the hardware store to a 48,000 square foot building which formerly housed the Hecks store at 832 Berryville Avenue.
1993 - In March of '93, John T. Solenberger passed away of cancer leaving his share of the business to his wife, Virginia, and their four children: Jeffrey, Cynthia, Stacy, and John Jr.
1993 - (September) After renovating the new location at 832 Berryville Avenue, Solenberger's moved to their new location on Labor Day Weekend 1993.
2008 - (September) On September 21, 2008, Solenbergers hosted a 120 year celebration at 832 Berryville Avenue.